Work with us
Join the team that’s building the
future of vocational education
in New Zealand
Help set the direction for quality learning to meet tomorrow’s needs
He akoranga whaihua – kia waihanga i te ao o āpōpō | Learning with purpose, creating our futures
Do you want be part of a new dynamic team, charged with reforming NZ's tertiary education system, putting learners at the very centre, increasing access for all, and ensuring equity for Māori?
Te Pūkenga is the new entity responsible for ensuring equity and excellence for all New Zealanders in the area of vocational education. Its key functions include; improving outcomes for Māori and Māori communities in collaboration with Māori and iwi partners and stakeholders; improving the consistency of vocational education and training; meeting the needs of the regions of New Zealand and their learners, industries, employers and communities; ensuring that every learner receives what they need to be successful, and to improve outcomes in the tertiary education system as a whole.
Office of the Chief Executive
Full-time, part-time, job share options are available
Flexible location, work from home
Fixed term, Multiple positions
As an administrator you will provide professional, efficient and timely administrative, logistical and practical support aligned to a particular Deputy Chief Executive (DCE) and their team within Te Pūkenga. Reporting to the Executive Assistant we are seeking Administrators for the following teams;
- Learner Journey and Experience
- Employer Journey and Experience
- Partnerships and Equity
This role will be responsible for:
- Supporting and coordinating meetings, projects, activities and events
- Ensuring the timely collation of reports and information for executive
- Managing incoming and outgoing correspondence to support the Executive Assistants and DCEs
- Providing prompt, friendly and customer-oriented responses to all telephone, face to face and email enquiries
- Day to day administrative tasks including printing, scanning, filing and minute taking
- Arranging travel bookings and itineraries for DCEs and other staff
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven and relevant experience working in an administrative role in a medium to large sized organisation
- A strong commitment to customer service and empathy for customer needs
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and planning
- A strong work ethic, ability as a self-starter, and sense of personal initiative
- High degree of computer literacy, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams and intermediate knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of tikanga Māori and demonstrated experience in applying this in the workplace, including organising bicultural and Māori kaupapa
- Demonstrated ability to manage workflow and prioritise to ensure deadlines and targets are met
The successful candidate will be:
- A highly motivated, self-driven, proactive administrative professional
- Adaptive and willing to apply your skills and contribution to a wide range of diverse needs
- Engaged and dedicated to the opportunities of the vocational education reform, together with the commitments sought in the Charter for Te Pūkenga, including Te Pae Tawhiti (Tiriti Excellence Framework)
- Committed to and capable of partnering with others – welcoming and enabling the inclusion of all and providing for equitable opportunities in consideration of those disadvantaged or previously excluded.
- A confident, values-based team player with a good sense of humour and excellent communication and people skills
See the role profile here: Administrator
How to apply
Our positions do not have a prescribed office location, we are a geographically dispersed team and we value you maintaining your community and whānau connections. We will accept applications from candidates based anywhere in Aotearoa. There will be travel throughout the motu including to the office of Te Pūkenga in Hamilton, but you will be able to work from home when not travelling.
This is a fixed term role through to 16 December 2022. Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your preference for a full or part-time position. Applications close at 5pm 1 August 2021.
Find out more
Learn more about working with Te Pūkenga by contacting us.
For personalised news and updates from Te Pūkenga.
Please complete all of the fields below.
Please enter a valid email address.
Please enter a first name.
Please enter a last name.
Please select a country.
Please select a valid date (MM/YYYY).
Thanks for subscribing